Over the weekend I ended up with some extra veggies from a crudité tray. you know how everyone seems to avoid the veggie tray when there are so many other appetizers offered. Anyway… I hate things to go to waste… so I decided to use the tomatoes and broccoli. This is a healthy and delicious and oh so simple side dish.
- 5 slices of cooked crispy bacon- cut into pieces
- 8 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cup Cherry Roma tomatoes halved
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt & ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a plate for later. Using the bacon grease created in pan, throw the veggies in and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until the broccoli is tender. Season with the salt & pepper. Add the bacon and voila ... easy and delicious!